Happy Wednesday! If you’ve been a loyal reader (which I’m sure you all are…ha!) you know that Wednesdays feature the foods that I have eaten or made in the past week. Today I’m going to share with you a very simple recipe that I sort of made up. I didn’t look for any specific recipe and tried re-creating a recipe that my parents used when I lived at home.
Recipe for Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Veggies
Makes 2-4 servings of veggies
Prep time: 10 minutes –> Roast: 15-20 minutes –> Total: 30 minutes
- Veggies of your choice (I used Zucchini, Broccoli, and Potatoes)
- 2-3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, pepper, and oregano seasoning (to your desired taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Brush a little bit of olive oil onto a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Chop veggies to your liking. I chopped the Zucchini in slices, the potatoes in wedgy strips (not sure if that’s a word, but I’ll roll with it xD), and the broccoli I just cut into little florets. Mix olive oil, garlic, and salt, pepper, and oregano seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the mixture onto veggies and set them on the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle desired amount of parmesan cheese on the veggies and roast in the pre-heated oven from 15-20 minutes or until vegetables feel cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy! The below pictures are how mine turned out! So yummy!
Recipe Notes from For the Love of Running Kitchen: The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s really simple and doesn’t call for an obscene amount of ingredients. You can also cut as little or as many veggies as you want to increase or decrease the serving amount.
I love to experiment and try new things, especially with vegetables. For those of you who aren’t huge veggie fans, research some unique recipes on vegetables and you might find something that makes veggies super delectable. 🙂
What are your favorite ways to cook and serve vegetables? Give this recipe a thumbs up below if you like it! 🙂