Hey there! I hope you are having a fabulous Wednesday! The days have been going fast and slow at the same time for me. I have been leaving earlier to get to work because traffic is so bad when the school year gets back into full swing. Rant: I live 13 miles away from work and it takes me 35-45 minutes to get to work! CRAZY ANNOYING! End rant.
Anyway, adjusting to a new schedule is always difficult (like leaving earlier for work is sort of killing me), but at least fall weather will be coming soon and you know what that means!? Pumpkin Spice season and all of the fall scents (which I absolutely adore) will be all over. AND boots and scarves will be coming back out from the fall/winter wardrobe. 🙂
Needless to say, I’m excited…but, let’s move onto today’s yummy recipe.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Prep time: 15minutes –> Bake time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 cups of old fashioned oatmeal (however much will make it “doughy.”)
- 1 cup chocolate chip mini’s
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup craisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix peanut butter, banana, egg and honey.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir in oatmeal, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, craisins.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on cookie sheet and press down with a spoon so the dough becomes somewhat flat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Notes from For the Love of Running Kitchen: These cookies are super easy to make and are definitely not very sugary. They make for the perfect grab and go breakfast or a great post run snack. You can really put whatever you want in them like chopped nuts, raisins, etc. I hope you enjoy! Please continue to like and follow For the Love of Running for more recipes!
Question of the Day:
What are your favorite healthy cookie recipes? Please share!