Hello! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. 😦 Work’s been getting busier and life happens (but not running because my foot still hurts). Anyway, yesterday I got to ride my bike next to Aaron. 20 miles to be exact. I’m writing with Aaron sitting next to me, so he would like to share some reasons why he had fun with me riding next to him.
Aaron’s 10 Reasons to have a Biking Buddy (aka Me!) on a Run
- You get a buddy to talk to.
- He liked listening to me talk and my stories (of previous love interests and grade school). I do tell some pretty awesome stories! 😉
- He liked telling me the details of the run such as splits and pace and how he felt.
- Pushes him to run faster and not stop during the run.
- Under Pressure (see song by Queen 😉 )
- I’m the best cheerleader!
- We sang songs from The Little Mermaid. (It’s the first time Aaron sang songs during a run….there’s a first for everything, guys).
- I made him go under 6 in the last mile because….I had to go to the bathroom….it happens.
- He likes me to see him struggle and suffer (as opposed to struggling alone).
- We spent quality time together as husband and wife. 🙂
Those are Aaron’s reasons to bike/run together with me. Cute….right!? He’s so nice! I had a lot of fun too and biking is another good cross training option with my marathon training. So, if you are currently struggling with a running injury, I recommend biking with your insanely fast runner of a husband….or just bike with a friend! (That’s probably easier 😉 )
Question of the Day:
Do you like exercising with your significant other? What do you like to do together?