My sister and I made banana bread yesterday and it is the bomb! I’ve made my fair share of banana bread recipes and this was by far the best one I’ve ever made! So, naturally I want to share!
The Best Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (easier to measure if liquid/warm)
- About 2 small avocados (1/2 cup mashed)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk (I used full fat)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mash avocados until smooth. (you can also use a food processor). Transfer to a large bowl. Add coconut oil and sugar to the bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Mash the bananas and add to avocado mix.
- Add eggs, coconut milk, vinegar, vanilla and baking soda and mix together until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the flour. Do not over-mix.
- Add chocolate chips and/or walnuts to the mix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips and bake about 35-45 minutes, until it’s browned on the top and a toothpick comes out only with slight crumbs (or clean). Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.