Now that we are way out from the newborn stage, I thought I’d share some of my favorite products that we used during the first couple months of D’s life. This is also for my reference so that I remember what was really useful in those early sleep deprived days. Here ya go…listed below in no particular order.
1. Boppy Pillow – This was a lifesaver in the breastfeeding department. It just makes things way more comfy and easy. I found that once D got older it just kept becoming more useful too. I still use it now with nursing D. You can can also buy multiple slip covers which I would highly recommend, because the covers get super dirty and full of spit up so it’s nice to have a clean one always on hand.
2. Dock-a-Tot – The Dock-a-Tot was only useful for us for like a month, but it was honestly a life saver. It’s expensive, but I was gifted it and am so glad that some amazing co-workers were generous to chip in and gift it to us. I probably would have never bought this if it wasn’t gifted to us and I’ve heard there are off brands that can work just as well. It was worth the extra sleep to me.
3. Swaddle Me Original Swaddle – Basically a swaddle that has velcro and is soooo easy to use. D only liked these for about a month or two, but they were way easier to use than a swaddle blanket.
4. Swaddle Blankets – I didn’t use these as much for swaddling, but found that they were quick and easy covers for nursing at church or in public. I don’t use them much anymore because D would just move so much and rip it off…but it’s perfect when they are newborns and aren’t so wild with nursing.
5. Gerber Baby Organic Cotton Diapers – The most AMAZING for burp cloths. And way cheaper than actual burp cloths because you can get a ton in a pack.
6. Pampers swaddlers – Great diapers for a smaller newborn because lots of diapers won’t fit or will leak through. D was 6lbs, 3 oz and every other diaper brand we tried he would leak through. So in my opinion it’s worth the extra money on diapers if you have a tiny baby.
7. Hatch Rest – I loved having this on when I would rock him in the dark. It was calming and gives you some light, but not too much light. I also love this because it grows with them and just becomes more useful as they get older.
8. Ergo Adapt Baby Carrier – No newborn insert needed, which was the best! Also I had to wait until D was 7lbs to put in it, but I never really felt the need to use a carrier much anyways until about month 2 and he was big enough to use it by then.
9. Jolly Jumper Artic Sneak A Peek Infant CarSeat Cover With Attached Blanket, Weatherproof – Perfect for a winter baby if you live in the frozen tundra of the Midwest. We tried to not take D out much in the cold, but when I got stir crazy it was nice to just go to a coffee shop and know that D was protected from the cold.
10. Fleece Footed Sleepers – Also perfect for a winter baby. Easier to change their diapers because you don’t have to pull it over their head. D seemed super sensitive to the cold and I found these were the best and quickest clothing item to put on him.
These were some of my top newborn products that I loved and still use quite a few of these products. I’m planning on compiling a list of my top 10 new mother products as well for another post.
What are your favorite newborn products?